Friday, March 5, 2010

shamrocks and such

So I have been in a nesting mood and unable to start putting the baby's space together due to our schedule being crazy until April. So I have taken up crocheting again at night to relieve stress. It has been so refreshing, I generally prefer knitting but certain projects require crocheting and these are two such projects I have been working on.

The first is a shamrock garland to hang under my mantel which I think came out really cute. Here is the tutorial if you want to try it out yourself.
And here is a sneak peek of the baby blanket I am working on for baby Sage. It is a granny square blanket and I am really loving how it is coming together. I am about halfway done with my granny squares, then I have to put it together - we'll see if I get it done before she arrives.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

The shamrocks are adorable!

LOVE the granny square blanket! wow!

Unknown said...

Shamrock garland = so cute!!

Taylor said...

soooo my sister is pregnant and i would love to learn how to make a blanket...want to train someone?? i have crocheted before so I feel I am a good candidate for this...